Public bug reported:

Device: Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition (ARALE-MEIZU)
OS: Ubuntu 15.04 (r323)
Ubuntu Image 20160512 armhf (20160512-020304)
Device Image 20160331-e14fc2
Adaptation Image 20160504-975-19-6

(above Image descriptions may be wrong, i'm working from Dutch Locale)

problem exists since estimated sunday, May 8 2016

expected behavior:
- Data connection remains up until manually specified otherwise
- when connection is lost due to external causes (such as bad signal), data
connection is automatically  restored when available
- same for Wifi.

encoutered behavior:
- after x amount of time (x varies between 1 and 4 hours so far) data and wifi
connection is lost, and neither data or wifi will reconnect until I manually
switch to flight-mode and back.
- may also affect SIM status

see also https://plus.google.com/106203549473766388410/posts/GFJAcs32kKa

I am willing to supply log files or enter terminal commands, but need to
be instructed

** Affects: indicator-network (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to indicator-network in

  Data connection drops after x time

Status in indicator-network package in Ubuntu: