** Changed in: evolution

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to evolution-data-server in

  Evolution Fails to get more than One of Many new emails

Status in Evolution:
  Expired
Status in evolution-data-server package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: evolution

  Evolution will receive the first waiting email from the pop3 server,
  and then fail/hang up on the second email.  It doesn't matter how many
  emails are are waiting, 5 - 500.

  This bug is still bothering me, and it makes Evolution v2.28.1
  absolutely useless for email.  I can't live picking them off one at a
  time and babysitting the error dialogs.

  Mozilla Thunderbird is able to pick up all the email waiting with no
  problems.

  Could this be a timing problem?  E.G., my system too slow (I am
  running Ubuntu 9.10 with a full installation on an external USB HD),
  or perhaps my email serving not responding as expected.

  Are there any tools or tweaks you can suggest?

  Please see my expired Question #90382 at
  https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+question/90382

  I'm hoping a longer look at this will help me fix it.

  Here is the blurb on the Evolution package:
  evolution:
    Installed: 2.28.1-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 2.28.1-0ubuntu2
    Version table: