Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: unity8 (Ubuntu)

  [Lockscreen] Option to show user's name, contact info etc. (custom
  text) on the lock screen

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu UX:
  New
Status in ubuntu-system-settings package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  There should be an option to show the name of the user in the
  lockscreen. Yesterday I've lost my bq at my job, if there was the
  possibility to add my name in the lock screen below the clock and date
  would make a great improvement. Since it not exist at the moment, my
  friends at the office have some difficulties to find who the
  proprietary was.

  Thanks

  It's a standard feature in android

http://cdn02.androidauthority.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Android-Security-Lost-device-Owner-Info-Lock-Screen.png

  It seems android may provide a free format string the user can define.