Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: mir (Ubuntu)

  Keyboard layout is not respected in some places

Status in Mir:
  New
Status in mir package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in unity8-desktop-session package in Ubuntu:

  I'm trying Unity8 on my desktop (and reporting bugs from there,
  cool!), I've followed Michael Hall's how to, so I have the same PPAs
  on my system.

  The keyboard layout is not the same everywhere in the OS. I switched
  to French and it works in most places, but in some others, an English
  keyboard persists. These other places include the greeter and the
  Online Accounts (the rest of the System Settings app seems fine). I'm
  not sure where else but I'll keep searching.

  I have to say, it has its advantages, since alt-gr does not work and I
  have to copy/paste things like "@"!

  Thanks for your great work, it's really exciting to see the progress!