CurrentDesktop: i3
Date: Thu May 26 09:46:53 2016
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64 (20150422)
SourcePackage: mpg123
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to xenial on 2016-05-16 (9 days ago)

** Affects: mpg123 (Ubuntu)

** Tags: amd64 apport-bug xenial

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to mpg123 in Ubuntu.

  mp3 files decode as crackly noise

Status in mpg123 package in Ubuntu:

  MP3 files have started decoding as crackly noise instead of the
  intended sound (typically, music).  Occasionally but not reliably, the
  crackly noise becomes music, as though it were a mere synchronisation
  error and mpg123 finds a sync signal.  (I have no reason to believe
  that that is happening at a technical level, I offer it as an analogy
  for the occasional behaviour I've noticed.)

  While it's possible that this is only files on my disk that are
  corrupted, this would suggest that my backups have been similarly
  corrupted, so that hypothesis seems less likely.

  Package: mpg123 1.22.4-1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: i3