I experimented with a very simple test application to measure how
expensive it is to create instances of QNetworkAccessManager, and the
results are consistent (and surprisingly similar on my beefy laptop and
on an MX4):

int main(int argc, char** argv) {
  QCoreApplication app(argc, argv);
  for (int i = 0; i < 10; ++i) {
    QElapsedTimer timer;
    timer.start();
    QNetworkAccessManager nam;
    qDebug() << i << "elapsed:" << timer.elapsed();
  }
  return 0;
}

The first instance takes anywhere between 75 and 125ms to create,
subsequent instances are free.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to qtbase-opensource-src in

  Creating or switching to a new tab feels slow

Status in qtbase-opensource-src package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  bq M10 rc-proposed r112

  Steps to reproduce:
  1. Open few tabs with websites
  2. Click 'New tab' button

  Expected result:
  Browser creates new tab and switches to it immediately.

  What happens instead:
  New tab is created and browser switches to it after about 2-3 seconds. Long
enough to makes me worried if everything is fine with it.

  Similar situation is when I have a 'new tab' already opened as a
  background tab. When I switch to it from a tab with a webpage, the
  action is taking too long.