I'm still missing this directory on E5. I bought it, I believe, with
OTA-8, but noticed that it is missing at OTA-10.1 (because only at that
time I started to debug issues). OTA-11 updated and there is still no
/var/log/ubuntu-location-service . I have created it manually, but it is
not filled.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to location-service in

  location service should create logging directories

Status in location-service:
  Fix Released
Status in location-service package in Ubuntu:

  The location service logging setup puts log files in /var/log/ubuntu-
  location-service. Currently, the directory isn't created, though, and
  we loose valueable debugging information.