Hey Kyle, after allowing location, how long did you wait until
refreshing the scope?

It can sometimes take upwards of 10s from allowing location access for
the scope to start receiving any location data (hence, until then, you
won't see the "Enable Location" setting either).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-scopes-shell in

  Location settings missing in scope until reboot

Status in Canonical System Image:
  In Progress
Status in unity-scopes-shell package in Ubuntu:

  On this system [1], installed with --bootstrap, I allowed all location
  related bits as prompted.

  But, when I looked in a scope (for example NearBy), I found that the
  scope did not have a location and that the Enable Location settings
  normally present in scopes was not present.

  On reboot, everything worked as expected.

  [1] phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ system-image-cli -i
  current build number: 338
  device name: mako
  channel: ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en
  last update: 2016-06-21 09:59:59
  version version: 338
  version ubuntu: 20160621
  version device: 20160401.1