I've noticed yesterday the same kind of problem with ubuntu 14.04 :

whatever the size of gdebi's window, the box height where dependencies
are listed doesn't ever change. It keeps the same size and only two
lines of the list are shown yet there are more lines in the list.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gdebi in Ubuntu.

  missing dependencies are not listed

Status in gdebi package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  ubuntu 16.04 here.

  Using gdebi I've noticed it does not display the list of missing
  dependencies :

  http://hpics.li/6ca144f

  but yet works fine.