Updated the summary as I think this is unrelated to whether the app is
free or not. Once the progress bar shows up, pretty much anything
related to the purchasing side of things is no longer relevant.

** Project changed: ubuntu-download-manager => ubuntu-download-manager
(Ubuntu)

** Also affects: canonical-devices-system-image

** Summary changed:

- reinstalling purchased app fails after scrolling
+ Installing app fails after scrolling and shows 0%

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-download-manager in

  Installing app fails after scrolling and shows 0%

Status in Canonical System Image:
  New
Status in ubuntu-download-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Trying to reinstall a previously purchased app, I clicked on Install -
  when the download was at approx 50% I scrolled down to see the
  reviews, and when I came back up the download was at 0% again. Waited
  for some time, it didn't go any further, so i clicked back, and
  clicked install again. I tried to do the same, scrolling down at 85%
  this time, when I came back it was at 0% again, but eventually after
  some time it completed the installation - maybe worth checking if the
  downloader and the installer are on sync?