Public bug reported:

We expose the Greeter DBus API (whether we're active, which user is
selected, etc) on the root / DBus path.  This can easily conflict with
other potential APIs (which are similarly rude as us to claim such a
path).

We should switch away from it.  Potential clients right now:

- indicators
- test tools
- adb
- telephony stack

While switching, it may be wise to move to some more standard APIs as
well, like using logind's LockedHint instead of IsActive.

** Affects: unity8 (Ubuntu)

  Move unity8's greeter off the "/" DBus path

Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu: