Really? Well, I'm certain that it always has done for me... So many
times have I had it upload data to LP and where the error is set as the
title for the report.

Isn't this https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-
photos/+bug/1568043 what normally should happen? Or when does this
happen and when does it just submit it somewhere else? Also, where
exactly did it submit my report to? Shouldn't it have asked at least for
my comment on exactly what I was doing at the time as the crash dump may
not always be enough?

Where can I access previous reports on Ubuntu GNOME? They don't seem to
be in the same place. In fact I don't remember ever seeing them in the
gnome-control-center.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Apport should not just silently fail when it detects the specific
  crash report has already been uploaded

Status in Apport:
  Invalid
Status in apport package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I have recently been having some trouble with Apport, I asked it to
  submit a crash report however there was a problem and it never
  launched the browser page. Now every time I try to manually submit the
  .crash file I get an error saying that the crash report has been
  already submitted (this is logged in syslog and not anywhere obvious).

  When I use the GUI, and when I use the apport-cli program and ask it
  to submit a report now on the matter it just silently exists without
  telling me anything. So how am I even meant to know what the URL is
  that it has been submitted to?

  So I think that Apport should really not just silently fail and should
  instead tell the user that the crash has already been submitted and
  then actually give them the URL to get to it because otherwise I don't
  know how one is expected to find it unless they get the Apport's
  signature generator working manually or something.

  I am running Ubuntu GNOME 16.04 with GNOME 3.20.