** Summary changed:

- Relocation error in libssl.so.0.9.8
+ I have installed CS15.1 on my ubuntu and getting this error "svn: relocation
error: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libserf-1.so.1: symbol GENERAL_NAME_free,
version OPENSSL_1.0.0 not defined in file libcrypto.so.1.0.0 with link time
reference "

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssl in Ubuntu.

  I have installed CS15.1 on my ubuntu and getting this error "svn:
  relocation error: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libserf-1.so.1: symbol
  GENERAL_NAME_free, version OPENSSL_1.0.0 not defined in file
  libcrypto.so.1.0.0 with link time reference "

Status in openssl package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: libssl0.9.8

  Recently, I've been getting this error whenever I try to do an svn up
  or run programs that depend on libssl (such as stellarium)

  stellarium: relocation error: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: symbol
  AVP_aes_192_cbc, version OPENSSL_0.9.8 not defined in file
  libcrypto.so.0.9.8 with link timereference

  The same error output is shown on terminal whenever I try and run an
  svn up to update stellarium.

  Recently the system deleted libssl-dev as being unused; however, if I
  do a wajig whichpkg on the libssl and libcrypto files in /usr/lib/,
  ownership of them is claimed by libssl-dev. Figuring something was
  amiss, I tried reinstalling libssl-dev a few days ago, but that didn't
  solfe the problem.

  dfox@newbox:~/stellarium$ aptitude search libssl
  i A libssl-dev                                                            -
SSL development libraries, header files and documentation
  p   libssl-ocaml                                                          -
OCaml bindings for OpenSSL
  p   libssl-ocaml-dev                                                      -
OCaml bindings for OpenSSL
  i   libssl0.9.8                                                           -
SSL shared libraries
  p   libssl0.9.8-dbg                                                       -
Symbol tables for libssl and libcrypto
  dfox@newbox:~/stellarium$

  vn: Working copy '.' locked
  svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for details)
  dfox@newbox:~/stellarium$ svn cleanup
  dfox@newbox:~/stellarium$ svn up
  svn: relocation error: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: symbol AVP_aes_192_cbc,
version OPENSSL_0.9.8 not defined in file libcrypto.so.0.9.8 with link time
reference
  dfox@newbox:~/stellarium$

  Running Hardy Heron 8.04.1 fully updated, amd64 system.