Public bug reported:

All scopes display a star button to unfavourite a scope. It is
easy/trivial to accidentally unfavourite a scope, and then have to
navigate to the manage scopes view to bring it back.

Given that removing a scope should be a very infrequent task, and given
how annoying it can be when done accidentally, I think these buttons
should be removed.

Setting favourite scopes can already be done from the manage scopes view
at any time, and is the most suitable location to manage this setting.

** Affects: unity-scopes-shell (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unity-scopes-shell in

  scope favourite button is annoying

Status in unity-scopes-shell package in Ubuntu: