If this "selection" of packages is what Ubuntu is calling Server now,
what should we use instead for a BASE server install?  As fuqqer-r
pointed out. SSH isn't installed by default, WTF is LDX, git, iscsi,
account-services, and who knows whatelse being installed by default for?

Given 16.04 is already released, that means at BEST, we have to put up
with this behavior for 2 years if we stick with Ubuntu Server.
Seriously... who thought this was a good idea?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-meta in Ubuntu.

  LXC/LXD installed by default on Ubuntu server

Status in ubuntu-meta package in Ubuntu:
  Opinion

Bug description:
  When performing a new installation of Ubuntu server 16.04 Beta 2, LXC
  and LXD are included in the default packages even when "Virtual
  Server" is not selected as an installation task. This brings in all of
  the required dependencies as well, obviously, which seems like it is
  not the best default behavior to have.

  When installing from a non-UEFI boot, the user may select "minimal
  install" from the "F4" menu. This menu is not available from the UEFI
  grub environment, making it apparently impossible to select an
  installation that does not include the LXC and LXD suite by default.