I’m not getting the javascript alert. The type of scam the user is
getting might be dependent on geoip/locale settings. When browsing to
youbute.com, I’m redirected first to sarah.dntrx.com and then to
videoadblocker.net.

Could you please paste a screenshot of the javascript alert you’re
getting, so I understand better what the issue is? (is it that the body
of the alert is too long, pushing the button out of sight?).

** Changed in: webbrowser-app (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to webbrowser-app in Ubuntu.

  JS alerts shouldn't be able to take over the screen

Status in webbrowser-app package in Ubuntu:

  Visit http://youbute.com/ (which is a scam site) on your phone in
  webbrowser-app.

  A javascript alert will come up warning about viruses and nonsense.
  But you can't scroll down to the OK button.  And you can't dismiss the
  alert or switch tabs or anything.