Ok. If 4.2 has been in limbo since May, it's possible it won't be ready
in time for 16.10 release.  It's also possible that it will be released,
but it will unexpectedly introduce incompatibilities with the current
git snapshot.  If either of these happens, what is the plan for handling
this?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to zeromq3 in Ubuntu.

  [FFe] Please upgrade zeromq3 and zmqpp to 4.1.2 git snapshot

Status in zeromq3 package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in zmqpp package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Please update zmqpp to version 4.1.2 with the following patch that I proposed
upstream (it got merged into their "develop" branch):
  https://github.com/zeromq/zmqpp/pull/167/files

  (alternatively, use master + my patch or develop branch of zmqpp).

  This will require the current git snapshot of the zmq library (which
  will be version 4.2 when it's released) -
  https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq

  All the above is needed to support the new USE_FD socket option, which
  will probably be critical for scopes as snaps.

  == Feature Freeze Exception details ==

  These packages are required by the ongoing work of the unity scopes
  for snappy. Due to unrelated to zeromq issues (unity-scopes-api unit-
  test issues on arm64, possibly due to recent toolchain changes) we did
  not make it in time before Feature Freeze. The packages have been
  prepared and tested in:

  https://launchpad.net/~ci-train-ppa-

service/+archive/ubuntu/landing-005/+packages?field.name_filter=&field.status_filter=published&field.series_filter=yakkety

  There is no ABI breakage in zeromq3 so no reverse-depends rebuilds are
  required. The zmqpp package does break ABI so a so bump and rebuild of
  rev-deps was needed, but the currently only consumer of the zmqpp
  packages is unity-scopes-api. The new release of zeromq3 is based on a
  git snapshot as a new stable release of this project is planned in the
  nearest future, so a bit too late for the current plans. Some reverse-
  depends of zeromq3 have been tested to work fine with the new package
  as is.

  We kindly request a FFe for this very particular case.