After updating rc-proposed today to version r219, I can say it's no
longer the problem. When the apps are in the spread state, the
background is no longer black but instead the wallpaper is visible. Also
under each app I can see its icon and name. For me this bug is fixed.

  Camera app "invisible" in apps spread

Status in Ubuntu UX:
  New
Status in unity8 package in Ubuntu:

  bq M10 rc-proposed OS build number r97

  Camera app is not visible when in apps spread
  Please see the screenshot attached