This appears to be the same error message you were getting when you
originally opened the bug, is that correct?  You are just now getting it
with other btrfs operations now?

There may be some additional commits that are needed.  I'll build a
Xenial and Trusty test kernel for testing.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Trusty)

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu Trusty)
     Assignee: Tim Gardner (timg-tpi) => Joseph Salisbury (jsalisbury)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to e2fsprogs in Ubuntu.

  lsattr 32bit does not work on 64bit kernel (Inappropriate ioctl error)

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Trusty:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Vivid:
  Fix Released
Status in linux source package in Xenial:
  In Progress
Status in linux source package in Yakkety:

  I run an amd64 kernel on trusty.  The e2fsprogs package was still the
  32 bit i386 variety.  This lead to the following situation (for
  essentially all files on a btrfs partition).

  $ lsattr
/lib/modules/3.13.0-95-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/lustre/lustre/ptlrpc/ptlrpc.ko
  lsattr: Inappropriate ioctl for device While reading flags on
/lib/modules/3.13.0-95-generic/kernel/drivers/staging/lustre/lustre/ptlrpc/ptlrpc.ko

  The problem was resolved by installing e2fsprogs:amd64.

  https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7517361/ might be related.