Sorry I'm just a user, I don't know much about these source codes, I
thought it was a fix, but if it simply forces skipping the patch, it's
no good for you, of course ;-)

To reproduce the problem you need another partition other than the one
where the user home directory is, and follow these simple steps:

1) Go to Desktop.
2) Create a symbolic link to any folder in another partition (or disk) in your
computer (i.e. not removable media)
3) Click that symlink on your desktop to access that folder.
4) Create a new document there - any type of file, even empty, will do.
5) Press the Delete key to move that file to trash: you should see that message
telling you it can't be done (although you can safely move any subfolder or any
file in subfolders to trash, and although you can do it if you access that
folder directly instead of going via that symlink on your home partition).

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to glib2.0 in Ubuntu.

  Files in the root of a folder on another partition symlinked to user's
  home cannot be moved to trash because of a patch in this package

Status in glib2.0 package in Ubuntu:

  I'm on Ubuntu 16.10 64-bit with libglib2.0-0 version 2.50.0-1.

  I've reported this bug (or marked as "it affects me") in a couple of
  other places before I've finally discovered that this is the package
  that's causing this problem, which unfortunately has been around for a
  couple of years now.

  This bug has been reported upstream as well, but it's just taking very
  very long to arrive at a decision and take action it seems.

  Apparently one of the patches
  (https://sources.debian.net/patches/glib2.0/2.50.1-1/0001-Fix-
  trashing-on-overlayfs.patch/) which is here

(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/glib2.0_2.50.0-1.debian.tar.xz)
  to the original package which is here

(https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+archive/primary/+files/glib2.0_2.50.0.orig.tar.xz)
  is the root cause of this annoying problem.

  As I prefer keeping one patition for the root filesystem (/), one
  partition for user settings (/home) and one partition for user data
  (Documents, Downloads, Drive, Music, Pictures, Public, Videos) which
  are simply symlinked to my home folder for ease of use, I cannot move
  any file to the trash in the root of these folders when I access them
  from my home folder or nautilus sidebar.

  This problem doesn't affect folders at all, nor any other files in
  subfolders, etc.

  So I was wondering if Ubuntu devs can leave out that particular patch
  when building this package for Ubuntu - if it doesn't cause more harm,
  which I doubt.

  Otherwise, I would appreciate if I could learn how to do it myself:
  how can I (as an end-user) compile the contents of
  "glib2.0_2.50.0.orig.tar.xz" with all the patches, etc. in
  "glib2.0_2.50.0-1.debian.tar.xz" except "0001-Fix-trashing-on-
  overlayfs.patch"?