I get you what you say. But there is a distinction between (manually)
upgradeable packages and packages that will be upgraded (automatically).

 I'm not going to decide whether the status is Opinion, Won't Fix, or
Triaged, as I'm not entirely sure what we really want to do.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  Wish: apt shouldn't show kept-back packages within the list of
  upgradable

Status in apt package in Ubuntu:

  Should apt consider kept-back packages as upgradable? Current state is:
  1. Within 'apt dist-upgrade' it doesn't.
  2. Within 'apt list --upgradable' and 'apt update' it does.

  For example:

  $ sudo apt update
  > [...]
  > Fetched 94,5 kB in 1s (66,0 kB/s)
  > Reading package lists... Done
  > Building dependency tree
  > Reading state information... Done
  > 1 package can be upgraded. Run 'apt list --upgradable' to see it.

  $ apt list --upgradable
  > Listing... Done
  > nvidia-304/xenial-updates,xenial-security 304.132-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 amd64
[upgradable from: 304.131-0ubuntu3]
  > N: There is 1 additional version. Please use the '-a' switch to see it

  $ sudo apt dist-upgrade
  > Reading package lists... Done
  > Building dependency tree
  > Reading state information... Done
  > Calculating upgrade... Done
  > The following packages have been kept back:
  >   nvidia-304
  > 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.

  1) $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:        16.04

  2) $ apt-cache policy apt
  apt:
    Installed: 1.2.12~ubuntu16.04.1
    Candidate: 1.2.12~ubuntu16.04.1
    Version table:
   *** 1.2.12~ubuntu16.04.1 500
          500 http://ua.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1.2.10ubuntu1 500
          500 http://ua.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/main amd64 Packages

  3) I expected output of 'apt update' and 'apt list --upgradable' to be
  consistent with output of 'apt dist-upgrade': i.e. if the former say
  there're upgradable packages, the latter should upgrade them.

  4) 'apt update' and 'apt list --upgradable' consider kept-back
  packages as upgradable; luckily, 'apt dist-upgrade' doesn't.

  Package: apt 1.2.12~ubuntu16.04.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64