** Description changed:

  Corrected copy and pasted info Nov. 17th.

  If written quickly after a failed attempt xfce4-terminal shows password
  visibly in actual characters and accepts the password.

  Example (the word "pass" is the password):
-

  brett@BrettPC:~$ sudo su
  [sudo] password for brett:
  pass
  Sorry, try again.
  [sudo] password for brett:
  root@BrettPC:/home/brett#

- To clarify I did not enter a password the second time it sad "[sudo]
+ To clarify I did not enter a password the second time it said "[sudo]
  password for brett:" it simply accepted the one shown visibly.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to sudo in Ubuntu.

  xfce4-terminal shows password visibly in clear between attempts and
  accepts (updated Nov. 17th)

Status in sudo package in Ubuntu: