** Changed in: canonical-devices-system-image
     Assignee: John McAleely (john.mcaleely) => (unassigned)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lxc-android-config in

  Broken cache partition can render the device unflashable

Status in Canonical System Image:
  Confirmed
Status in lxc-android-config package in Ubuntu:

  This is not a common issue, but if the cache partition gets corrupted
  (it's writeable after all), you won't be able to flash your device.

  It's been reported by renato and ondra said he's seen that, too. We
  need to make sure we can recover from such a state by auto-formatting
  the cache partition on boot if it's found corrupt, or at the very
  least have options in recovery to wipe/format the cache partition, as
  android has.

  The problem is that the cache partition is mounted read-only:

  /dev/mmcblk0p15 on /android/cache type ext4
(ro,nosuid,nodev,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered)
  /dev/mmcblk0p15 on /var/lib/lxc/android/rootfs/cache type ext4
(ro,nosuid,nodev,noatime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered)

  And so flashing fails:

  failed to copy '~/.cache/ubuntuimages/ubuntu-touch/rc-
  proposed/meizu.en/arale/version-289.tar.xz' to
  '/cache/recovery//version-289.tar.xz': Read-only file system