This looks like a network error on your side:

 host assertions.ubuntu.com
assertions.ubuntu.com has address 162.213.33.203
assertions.ubuntu.com has address 162.213.33.202

** Package changed: unity8 (Ubuntu) => unity8-session-snap

** Changed in: unity8-session-snap

  max-format is not a positive integer assertion installing
  unity8-session snap

Status in Unity8 Session Snap:

  I get this assertion when I run the command unity8-snap-install in my zesty
vm.
  This happens with the today's zesty daily image.

  sudo snap install unity8-session --edge --devmode
  error: cannot perform the following tasks:
  - Fetch and check assertions for snap "unity8-session" (439) (Get
https://assertions.ubuntu.com/v1/assertions/snap-revision/rjPkjvvl9AezpBRMi_cxP6yLUf7hychxwsOg7CT68Ygr9JnccHmvCfymWqUEZGTt?max-format=0:
 dial tcp: lookup assertions.ubuntu.com: no such host)