That video's just from a bit of experimentation in my free time; once
we've got the input method interface for snapd finished up I'm planning
on making it available for people to experiment with on the desktop, but
it's not really suitable for use on a phone. Any phone based solution is
likely to require some sort of cloud service providing the actual text-
to-speech processing.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-keyboard in Ubuntu.

  Add speech input, voice input, dictate function for keyboard

Status in ubuntu-keyboard:
  New
Status in ubuntu-keyboard package in Ubuntu:

  Typing on a mobile device is tedious. In some situations it's
  advantageous to dictate some text, use speech input that is translated
  to text (for texting, for writing documents, tasks, emails, etc.).

  A dictate function should be available in a integrated fashion with
  the keyboard, everywhere on Ubuntu Touch where text input is needed.

  Details
  =======

  This could be implemented as an integral feature (as in iOS, I
  believe) or via a pluggable API (on Android, I believe).