Per my last comment on IRC, I think 'exit 1' is actually better here
because we aren't taking the specified action.  grub calls update-
secureboot-policy || true, but that just sets the trigger anyway.  shim-
signed calls without the || true, and so the trigger will fail under
this condition.  But ultimately it's going to fail no matter what, we're
better off failing immediately instead of only when someone notices the
full logs and kills the process.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to unattended-upgrades in

  update-secure-boot-policy behaving badly with unattended-upgrades

Status in shim-signed package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in unattended-upgrades package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Currently, unattended-upgrades will automatically install all updates
  for those running development releases of Ubuntu (LP: #1649709)

  Today, my computer was acting very sluggish. Looking at my process
  list, I saw/ usr/sbin/update-secureboot-policy was using a log of CPU.

  I killed the process. I have a /var/crash/shim-signed.0.crash but
  since it's 750 MB, I didn't bother submitting it or looking at it
  more. Maybe it crashed because I killed the process. Also, I see that
  unattended-upgrades-dpkg.log is 722 MB.

  Today's update included both VirtualBox and the linux kernel.

  I am attaching an excerpt of /var/log/unattended-upgrades/unattended-
  upgrades-dpkg.log

  This message was repeated a very large number of times (but I only
  included it once in the attachment:

  "Invalid password

  The Secure Boot key you've entered is not valid. The password used must be
  between 8 and 16 characters."

  Package: shim-signed 1.23+0.9+1474479173.6c180c6-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl zcommon znvpair
  ApportVersion: 2.20.4-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME