Yes, it's known that updating from the version with the regression to
the version that backed it out will cause the same (well, inverse) bug
to appear until services or the machine are restarted.  That's
unfortunate, but there's not a whole bunch we can do to mitigate that,
and reverting the regression was the important bit.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to eglibc in Ubuntu.

  glibc update caused NSS ABI break

Status in eglibc package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in glibc package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed
Status in eglibc source package in Precise:
  Fix Released
Status in glibc source package in Precise:
  Invalid
Status in eglibc source package in Trusty:
  Fix Released
Status in glibc source package in Trusty:
  Invalid
Status in eglibc source package in Xenial:
  Invalid
Status in glibc source package in Xenial:
  Fix Released
Status in eglibc source package in Yakkety:
  Invalid
Status in glibc source package in Yakkety:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  After installing the libc6_2.19-0ubuntu6.10_amd64_udeb package during
  the automated install of ubuntu 14.04.5, the system was suddenly
  unable to resolve hostnames via dns. Installing -0ubuntu6.9 resolved
  the issue. Reinstalling -ubuntu6.10 broke the system again.

  I note that -ubuntu6.10 was recently added to the archive.

  I am currently unable to install Ubuntu 14.04.5.