I have tried to work around the problem by using the commands:

$sudo apt-get update
$sudo apt-get dist-ugrade

Now the problem disappears. I am not sure whether it makes sense to
attach the log again.

Thanks & best regards,
XiaoGuo

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apt in Ubuntu.

  without upgrade and dist-upgrade, I cannot complete the SDK
  installation.

Status in “apt” package in Ubuntu:

  I am not so sure whether the following steps are needed or not. I
  recently started to install our SDK from scratch:

  liuxg@liuxg-VB:~$ sudo apt-get install ubuntu-sdk
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
  or been moved out of Incoming.

   libpam-systemd : Depends: systemd (= 208-8ubuntu4) but 204-10ubuntu3 is to
be installed
   udev : Breaks: systemd (< 208) but 204-10ubuntu3 is to be installed
  E: Error, pkgProblemResolver::Resolve generated breaks, this may be caused by
held packages.

  I just could not complete the installation. Later on, I tried to

  $sudo apt-get update
  $sudo apt-get dist-ugrade

  then, I can successfully install the SDK. Shall we do this before
  installing the SDK though I know utopic is still in a developing
  phase.

  Reported from:
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-sdk/installing-the-sdk/