what on earth does this have to do with xorg?

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  courier-authdaemon not enabled by default to start

Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:

  The service authdaemond is not started by default at startup.
  I had to use the following command so the service was started at startup :
  $> sudo systemctl enable courier-authdaemon.service

  Then the courier-imap with no particular authentification (ie through
  authdaemon) method was able to work perfectly!

  To give more details, the error encountered was that I wasn't able to use the
imap over ssl (although it worked perfectly up to 15.10 with nothing special to
do)
  In /var/log/syslog, the logged lines that appeared each time my mail client
was trying to access to the local imap server were:
  imapd-ssl: authdaemon: s_connect() failed: No such file or directory
  imapd-ssl: LOGIN FAILED, user=JR, ip=[::ffff:192.168.1.254]
  imapd-ssl: authentication error: No such file or directory

  The release is:
  Release:        16.04

  courier-authdaemon:
    Installé : 0.66.4-3build1
    Candidat : 0.66.4-3build1
   Table de version :
   *** 0.66.4-3build1 500
          500 http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial/universe amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  I expected that the service was started automatically at startup.
  What happened instead was it was not enabled, leading to this mess on my
kubuntu installation.

  So if the package's maintainer could check whether on a usual install(
  maybe this happened only on my computer) this service was enabled by
  default, that could help other people.

  Package: xorg 1:7.7+13ubuntu3
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: KDE
  Date: Mon Jul  4 20:19:02 2016
  InstallationMedia: Kubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160420.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=
   PATH=(custom, no user)