Could this be the same issue as bug #1676547 ??

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to network-manager in Ubuntu.

  [Dell XPS 9360] NetworkManager fails to detect wifi device in 17.04
  Zesty

Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Upon a "clean" upgrade (No software installed except base system from
  ISO, then upgrade) from 16.04 LTS -> 16.10 -> 17.04 on a Dell 9360,
  Network Manager fails to detect wiFi device in 17.04 Zesty after a few
  boots/updates.  Wifi works initially.  I apply Zesty updates.  I
  autoremoved some packages.  I reboot.  Wifi is killed.  I cannot
  report the bug using "ubuntu-bug" because I have no network
  connectivity.

  The wifi device was not detected despite re-enabling Dell's Xenial
  repos after upgrades.

  I have a Dell DA200 adapter USB-C to HDMI/VGA/Ethernet/USB 3.0.
  Plugging ethernet cable into that does not work either.  It seemed the
  adapter was "half" recognized.  Something did show up in Network
  Manager after fiddling with settings, but no network connectivity ever
  occurred.  I can create a separate bug for that if needed.

  I subsequently had to revert back to 16.04 LTS with a clean install to
  report the bug.  I'm not so familiar with what the Dell repos provide
  for Xenial.  Do they provide the drivers needed for the wifi?  Or is
  that supplied through the kernel?  Could the autoremove have caused
  the wifi drivers to be removed?