On Thu, May 04, 2017 at 06:50:29PM -0000, Vasco Alves wrote:
> Public bug reported:
>
> I think it would be really useful if the more useful plugins from the
> "bad" set could be split into a separate package, on which the full set
> could depend. By more useful, I mean the ones required to play popular
> video and audio formats. I'm being deliberately vague because there's no
> point in being specific if there is no openness to the idea, but if
> there is I'm more than willing to work on a list.
>
> It just annoys me that I have to install things I never use, which are
> fairly large, like all the opencv libraries, to be able to watch certain
> popular media formats as well, and it seems like this is easily fixable.

Please raise this request on the Debian bugtracker, with the maintainers
there. It isn't something that we would want to be different from Debian
on, but if they agree to such a split then we would go along with it.

  https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Except from Ubuntu, you need to do

  $ reportbug -B debian

Cheers,

--
Iain Lane                                  [ i...@orangesquash.org.uk ]
Debian Developer                                   [ la...@debian.org ]

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to gst-plugins-bad1.0 in

  Split More Widely Used Plugins in a Separate Package

Status in gst-plugins-bad1.0 package in Ubuntu: