** CVE added: http://www.cve.mitre.org/cgi-
bin/cvename.cgi?name=2016-7543

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to bash in Ubuntu.

  Unfixed Code Execution Vulnerability CVE-2016-7543

Status in bash package in Ubuntu:

  I think I must be missing something:

  CVE-2016-7543 is a high-impact code execution vulnerability for bash.

  https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-
  security/cve/2016/CVE-2016-7543.html Is listed as needed for
  Precise/Trusty/Xenial.

  The patch has been released for a few months, and is available as an
  upstream package in debian: https://security-
  tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2016-7543

  But I can't find any tracking of whether Canonical maintainers will or
  intend to release an updated package for the supported operating
  systems. I thought maybe it was fixed in a later release or is
  otherwise deemed to be not-applicable. But as far as I can tell, the
  issue is still open.

  An open high danger (CVSS 3 Score: 8.4) CVE shows up on all our
  security scans. Is there any sanctioned way to address this? Is an
  updated package planned?

  -- I previously asked this as a question and was told to report a
  security bug:
  https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bash/+question/631268