** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  cpu usage in pulse at priority -11 much too high for working quick
  with other things

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: pulseaudio

  I encountered problems with pulseaudio when I don't reduce the
  priority of the pulseaudio from -11 (far too high for working with
  other things at the same time) to zero priority. Rhythmbox crashes
  frequently and the rest of my netbook (max cpuspeed 1.90 Ghz, i know
  it is an old laptop but it worked fine till this problem encoutered
  with pulse in the system upgrade)

  Now when I put it back to 0 priority the system works fine and back to
  normal speed (dont have to wait an hour to load an application) but
  only how can I fix it by booting the system: so that my pulsaudio
  doesn't give my pc the idea that only he is important and rhytmbox
  crashes at -11 pulseaudio priority? Because in general  I don't see
  the reason why pulseaudio should from the new release on now suddenly
  beginning to consume -11 priority which gives the rest of the
  processing no chance at all to work normal speed. and it wasn't set up
  that way eiter in de previously released versions which made my system
  still as quick as i need. but now... what has happened to pulseaudio
  in programming that it consumes too much (-11 priority is killing my
  processor capacities) Even when I go on the net an rhythmbox plays
  music loading sites is slower than not using pulseaudio....

  I mean how can I fix the fact that I don't need to reduce it everyday
  when I boot my system? that pulse starts just with 0 priority by
  booting ubuntu , ? which is much better to work on my notebook as
  speed in documents and which works still very fine enough for the
  sound of rhythmbox and at that priority I also didn't have rhythmbox
  as crashing process anymore....

  so I repeat the question in short:

  How can i fix the zero priority setting of pulseaudioserver together
  with booting the system (booting and priority of pulse was fixed in
  ubuntu lucid previously but now the same action (remembering this
  setting when no other application are up and pulse set to zero doen't
  work out with the nex reboot)however it worked out in lucid) so that
  the system boots much more quick and i dont have to set it up myself
  anyday?

  someone who can help me with that configuration (commandline based I
  suppose)?

  thanks in advance

  wim pauwels
  ---
  AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.23.
  Architecture: i386
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC2:  wim        4284 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  wim        4284 F.... pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p:   wim        4284 F...m pulseaudio
   /dev/snd/controlC1:  wim        4284 F.... pulseaudio
  Card0.Amixer.info:
   Card hw:0 'S51'/'Creative Technology SB X-Fi Surround 5.1 at
usb-0000:00:1d.0-1, full speed'
     Mixer name : 'USB Mixer'
     Components : 'USB041e:3042'
     Controls      : 0
     Simple ctrls  : 0
  Card0.Amixer.values:

  Card1.Amixer.info:
   Card hw:1 'U0x46d0x9c1'/'USB Device 0x46d:0x9c1 at usb-0000:00:1d.7-4, high
speed'
     Mixer name : 'USB Mixer'
     Components : 'USB046d:09c1'
     Controls      : 2
     Simple ctrls  : 1
  Card1.Amixer.values:
   Simple mixer control 'Mic',0
     Capabilities: cvolume cvolume-joined cswitch cswitch-joined penum
     Capture channels: Mono
     Limits: Capture 0 - 3072
     Mono: Capture 1903 [62%] [25.43dB] [on]
  Card2.Amixer.info:
   Card hw:2 'ICH6'/'Intel ICH6 with ALC655 at irq 10'
     Mixer name : 'Realtek ALC655 rev 0'
     Components : 'AC97a:414c4760'
     Controls      : 41
     Simple ctrls  : 26
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.10
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.10 "Maverick Meerkat" - Release i386 (20101007)
  Package: pulseaudio 1:0.9.22~0.9.21+stable-queue-32-g8478-0ubuntu21.1
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=nl_BE.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-22.34-generic 2.6.35.4
  Tags: maverick
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-22-generic i686
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare
  dmi.bios.date: 04/07/05
  dmi.bios.vendor: FUJITSU SIEMENS
  dmi.bios.version: 1.0B-1210-8A20
  dmi.board.name: AMILO M7440
  dmi.board.vendor: FUJITSU SIEMENS
  dmi.board.version: Not Applicable
  dmi.chassis.asset.tag: No Asset Tag
  dmi.chassis.type: 1
  dmi.chassis.vendor: FUJITSU SIEMENS
  dmi.chassis.version: N/A
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnFUJITSUSIEMENS:bvr1.0B-1210-8A20:bd04/07/05:svnFUJITSUSIEMENS:pnAMILOMSeries:pvrNotApplicable:rvnFUJITSUSIEMENS:rnAMILOM7440:rvrNotApplicable:cvnFUJITSUSIEMENS:ct1:cvrN/A:
  dmi.product.name: AMILO M Series
  dmi.product.version: Not Applicable
  dmi.sys.vendor: FUJITSU SIEMENS