** Tags added: xenial

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  change in monitor resolution causes audio switching to another
  connected monitor

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  Steps to  reproduce :

  1. Install Ubuntu 16.04 on a hardware which has two audio endpoints -
  HDMI and DP.

  2.  Now select HDMI/DP 2  audio endpoint and play audio content from
  any source.

  3. Decrease the resolution of monitor which has audio endpoint as
  HDMI/DP.

   We observe the audio is routed to different monitor than the one
  which is playing audio.

  But, If we select HDMI/DP and change resolution of monitor which has
  audio endpoint as HDMI/DP 2, We don't see the issue.