Roughly tested zeromq3 4.2.0-2ubuntu0.16.10 on a yakkety VM and played
around with python-zmq/python3-zmq bindings - seemed to work fine.
Couldn't really find any other easy way to get this tested, but that's
basically the same testing that has been done earlier. Also, seeing that
4.2.0 was in zesty for quite a while now I consider this tested.

** Tags removed: verification-needed
** Tags added: verification-done

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to zeromq3 in Ubuntu.

  [SRU] Backport zeromq3 4.2.0 to yakkety

Status in zeromq3 package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in zeromq3 source package in Yakkety:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  As per product requirement, we have released a git-snapshot based pre-
  release version of zeromq3 4.2.0 to yakkety
  (4.1.5+git20160811+2fc86bc) as the upstream version was not yet
  available. The agreement was that we will release the snapshot-based
  version only if, once the official update is available we will update
  and switch.

  The rationale for this would be that the snapshot-based version is
  anyway more-or-less feature compatible with the official version. It's
  also not wise to keep shipping a snapshot for long as some bugfixes
  might be missing from the cherry-pick. The generated binaries are
  binary-compatible, with only a few new symbols exported in the main
  4.2.0 version.

  [Test Case]

  No particular test-case - installing the new version and making sure
  that existing reverse-dependencies still work as intended.

  [Regression Potential]

  There is, of course, some regression potential, but as already
  mentioned: there weren't too many commits since the git snapshot that
  our previous version was based off.