[Expired for tzdata (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: tzdata (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to tzdata in Ubuntu.

  tzdata doesn't set a reasonable default via debconf

Status in tzdata package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  In cases where we don't prompt the user for a timezone value, the
  tzdata package should have a default value - Etc/UTC, which
  debootstrap currently populates for us but should really be handled in
  the package.

  This matters more now that we are demoting tzdata from the minimal set
  and users might have occasion to non-interactively install it on an
  existing system.