For 17.10 fresh install the best solution was just the "disable pulseaudio's
bluetooth in gdm", i.e.
Add this to /var/lib/gdm3/.config/pulse/default.pa:

#!/usr/bin/pulseaudio -nF
#

# load system wide configuration
.include /etc/pulse/default.pa

### unload driver modules for Bluetooth hardware
.ifexists module-bluetooth-policy.so
  unload-module module-bluetooth-policy
.endif

.ifexists module-bluetooth-discover.so
  unload-module module-bluetooth-discover
.endif

Nothing more needed...

It almost seems the Debian upstream bug assumes one would get audio thru
bluetooth, just not A2DP.
Here on my speaker it's A2DP or nothing so as it stands now there is nothing..

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Bluetooth audio not working (with GDM(3))

Status in PulseAudio:
  Confirmed
Status in Ubuntu GNOME:
  Confirmed
Status in gdm3 package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in gdm3 package in Debian:

  I'm having problems with a Marshall Stanmore bluetooth speaker in
  Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 Beta.  It pairs fine and is listed as a bluetooth
  device but won't show up in the audio settings as a device nor will it
  show up with pactl list. I also had this problem in Ubuntu GNOME 15.04
  with the gnome-staging 3.16 ppa. It works fine with stock Ubuntu GNOME
  15.04.