[Expired for pulseaudio (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Fast respawning when module-alsa-sink can't be loaded

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Ah, got it. Pulseaudio won't start (under my user's account) because
  of:

  E: module.c: Failed to load module "module-alsa-sink" (argument:
"device=plughw:0 rate=44100"): initialization failed.
  E: main.c: Module load failed.
  E: main.c: Failed to initialize daemon.

  And that module was specified in ~/.pulse/default.pa, which is a
  leftover from the time when pulseaudio wasn't working and I was trying
  to do something about it.

  So I deleted ~/.pulse/default.pa, stopped pulseaudio that was started
  by hand and polkitd is still behaving perfectly fine. Even the music
  is playing, although I have no pulseaudio running. :-)

  Then I killed polkitd and it wasn't restarted. So I started pulseudio
  by hand (from my user's account) and then polkitd appeared. It's
  peacefully sleeping in poll() and isn't leaking memory.

  --

  Original report:

  Binary package hint: policykit-1

  Upon upgrading to the new build of Lucid, a problem I thought I had
  fixed with policykit has reappeared.  i am getting high CPU usage and
  a memory leak from the process polkitd, run under policykit-1.  Upon
  boot and logging into a fresh account, I get no problems, but once I
  log into my main account, the problem appears.  Logging out and back
  into the fresh account carries the problem over to the fresh account
  as well.  I noticed that there were three carry-over processes from
  the main account: indicator-sound, pulseaudio, and the root process
  polkitd.  I thought I had fixed this through removing respawnable
  hidden directories in my home folder, but that hasn't worked this
  time.

  Package: policykit-1 0.96-2
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-21.32-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-21-generic i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  Architecture: i386