It's 2017 and Ubuntu version is 17.04, I think it's safe to assume that
this issue is solved, I have a screenshot from the files manager
supporting that, I can't really tell when exactly was it fixed.

** Attachment added: "This is a screenshot showing the fixed UI"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-themes/+bug/1048747/+attachment/4921587/+files/Screen%20Shot%202017-07-26%20at%2014.35.15.png

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-themes in Ubuntu.

  The button of drop-down list arrow is reversed in rtl locals.

Status in ubuntu-themes package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  When I used Ubuntu 12.10, I found a problem in right to left locales.

  See these screenshots:
  1- http://i.imgur.com/w7l8M.png
  2- http://i.imgur.com/Lgo7s.png
  3- http://i.imgur.com/MEUnE.png

  This arrow button must flipped in rtl locales.

  That happen with Ambiance and Radiance light themes.