Hello and thanks for the bug report! To reduce the risk of regressions,
we prefer to backport security fixes to our stable releases rather than
bump them to an entirely new version of the openssh package. Please
refer to the Ubuntu CVE Tracker for known issues affecting OpenSSH:

  https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/openssh.html

Ubuntu 16.04 LTS does have some outstanding OpenSSH CVEs that have not
yet been fixed but they're all rated low or negligible. However, I
expect that we'll begin work on security updates soon.

Please see the following FAQ entry for more details on our backporting
policy:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/FAQ#Versions

I'm going to mark this bug invalid since we're unwilling to bump to an
entirely new OpenSSH version and all known CVEs are being tracked in the
Ubuntu CVE Tracker. Thanks again for the report!

** Attachment removed: "SSHDConfig.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssh/+bug/1706543/+attachment/4921533/+files/SSHDConfig.txt

** Attachment removed: "JournalErrors.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssh/+bug/1706543/+attachment/4921530/+files/JournalErrors.txt

** Information type changed from Private Security to Public Security

** Changed in: openssh (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to openssh in Ubuntu.

  Upgrade to newer version (currently v7.5p1)

Status in openssh package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  LTS is running v7.2p2 from 01.Mar.2016.
  OpenSSH v7.5p1 is available since 20.Mar.2017.

  For v7.2 there are at least 4 known vulnerabilities:

https://www.cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-97/product_id-585/version_id-194112/Openbsd-Openssh-7.2.html

  which make the security package less secure.
  Please, update it for LTS at least, not just "latest" and "forthcoming".

  Package: openssh-server 1:7.2p2-4ubuntu2.2
  Uname: Linux 4.11.7-041107-lowlatency x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.10
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: KDE