Public bug reported:

So somewhen in last week there were made some changes in the ubuntu
repository which effect libEGL. This lib newly uses libmirclient.so.9
which itself uses libprotobuf-lite.so.9. The default protobuffers
version shipped with ubuntu is 2.6.1. My application uses libgstvaapi
which uses libEGL. My application as well uses protobuffers but I link
it statically to version 3.0.0 due to its json compatibility. So when
now starting the application it crashes immediately due to rivaling
protobuffers version. This problem first occured last week somewhen.
This makes it impossible to use libEGL/libmir and a not-default
protobuffers version in one application. Please let me how you're going
to deal with that.

Best,
Henning

** Affects: protobuf (Ubuntu)

** Tags: libegl libmir protobuffers

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to protobuf in Ubuntu.

  application crashes due to rival protobuffers versions

Status in protobuf package in Ubuntu: