It is expected that deja-dup would ask to install duplicity. Duplicity
is not preinstalled, to avoid having python2 on disk. The fact that the
packagekit dialog warns about untrusted sources makes me think you have
PPAs installed and packagekit should display that in a kinder way (as
that fedora bug suggests).

I don't think there's anything deja-dup can do here. I'll reassign to
packagekit.

** Package changed: deja-dup (Ubuntu) => packagekit (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- deja-dup asks to install software not from a trusted source
+ "install software not from a trusted source" dialog could be more user
friendly

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to packagekit in Ubuntu.

  "install software not from a trusted source" dialog could be more user
  friendly

Status in packagekit package in Ubuntu:

  deja-dup opens a dialog "The software is not from a trusted source. Do
  not install this package unless you are sure it is safe to do so"

  But I'm obviously not sure it is safe to do so!

  Package: deja-dup 34.2-0ubuntu3
  ApportVersion: 2.20.3-0ubuntu8
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity