I can confirm I'm having the same problem with a similar HP Pavilion
model under Fedora 27. There is no audio from the built in speakers but
pavucontrol shows audio is being played. Verified nothing is muted in
alsamixer.

Headphone jack works as expected.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu.

  [HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx, Realtek ALC295, Speaker, Internal]
  No sound at all

Status in alsa-driver package in Ubuntu:

  I cannot hear anything without headphone, the speaker don't work at
  all, even though after i set the speaker volume bar in the alsamixer
  panel

  Package: alsa-base 1.0.25+dfsg-0ubuntu5
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_uvm nvidia_drm nvidia_modeset nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2.10
  Architecture: amd64
  AudioDevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  remaincool   1862 F.... pulseaudio
  CurrentDesktop: Unity
  Date: Mon Oct 23 00:57:26 2017
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS "Xenial Xerus" - Release amd64
(20160420.1)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  SourcePackage: alsa-driver
  Symptom: audio
  Symptom_AlsaPlaybackTest: ALSA playback test through plughw:PCH failed
  Symptom_Card: 内置音频 - HDA Intel PCH
  Symptom_DevicesInUse:
   USER        PID ACCESS COMMAND
   /dev/snd/controlC0:  remaincool   1862 F.... pulseaudio
  Symptom_Jack: Speaker, Internal
  Symptom_Type: No sound at all
  Title: [HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx, Realtek ALC295, Speaker, Internal]
No sound at all
  dmi.bios.date: 06/02/2017
  dmi.bios.vendor: Insyde
  dmi.bios.version: F.09
  dmi.board.asset.tag: Type2 - Board Asset Tag
  dmi.board.name: 836B
  dmi.board.vendor: HP
  dmi.board.version: 46.20
  dmi.chassis.type: 10
  dmi.chassis.vendor: HP
  dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version
  dmi.modalias:
dmi:bvnInsyde:bvrF.09:bd06/02/2017:svnHP:pnHPPavilionPowerLaptop15-cb0xx:pvrType1ProductConfigId:rvnHP:rn836B:rvr46.20:cvnHP:ct10:cvrChassisVersion:
  dmi.product.name: HP Pavilion Power Laptop 15-cb0xx
  dmi.product.version: Type1ProductConfigId
  dmi.sys.vendor: HP