As per title xfce power manager (version 1.4.4-4ubuntu2) on my Lubuntu
16.04.3 shows a wrong battery life. What happens is that I plug in the
laptop, it tells me the battery is 100% I unplug the write and I can see
after maybe 10 minutes that the battery level lowered.

I check and it gives me something like 80% and then, suddenly the laptop
turns of because the battery is discharged.

When i plug it back it shows as the battery is either charging correctly
or charging and the percentage is over 70%.

The battery is a few months old, so I think the problem lies in xfce
power manager which displays the wrong information.Bug #1216594 opened
in 2013 is very similar to my case, however that bug report was closed
not because it was fixed but because it expired after 60 days.

I tried 'upower -d' and it gives me the same info as the power manager.
The output was:
Device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/line_power_ADP1
  native-path:          ADP1
  power supply:         yes
  updated:              XX XX XXX XXXX 17:58:48 GMT (815 seconds ago)
  has history:          no
  has statistics:       no
  line-power
    warning-level:       none
    online:              yes
    icon-name:          'ac-adapter-symbolic'

Device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT0
  native-path:          BAT0
  vendor:               Hewlett-Packard
  model:                Primary
  power supply:         yes
  updated:              Fri 19 Jan 2018 18:10:34 GMT (109 seconds ago)
  has history:          yes
  has statistics:       yes
  battery
    present:             yes
    rechargeable:        yes
    state:               charging
    warning-level:       none
    energy:              22.2592 Wh
    energy-empty:        0 Wh
    energy-full:         26.048 Wh
    energy-full-design:  26.048 Wh
    energy-rate:         20.0392 W
    voltage:             16.444 V
    time to full:        11.3 minutes
    percentage:          85%
    capacity:            100%
    technology:          lithium-ion
    icon-name:          'battery-full-charging-symbolic'
  History (charge):
    1516385434  85.000  charging
  History (rate):
    1516385434  20.039  charging

Device: /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/DisplayDevice
  power supply:         yes
  updated:              XX XX XXX XXXX 18:10:34 GMT (109 seconds ago)
  has history:          no
  has statistics:       no
  battery
    present:             yes
    state:               charging
    warning-level:       none
    energy:              22.2592 Wh
    energy-full:         26.048 Wh
    energy-rate:         20.0392 W
    time to full:        11.3 minutes
    percentage:          85%
    icon-name:          'battery-full-charging-symbolic'

Daemon:
  daemon-version:  0.99.4
  on-battery:      no
  lid-is-closed:   no
  lid-is-present:  yes
  critical-action: HybridSleep

Any ideas?

** Affects: upower (Ubuntu)

** Tags: battery bot-comment lubuntu manager power xfce
--
xfce power manager shows wrong battery life information (Lbuntu 16.04.3)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1744366