below the mail from systemd. I've attached a rule and will attach
another rule to include in 18.04

On Di, 23.01.18 10:08, Michael (scrat_h...@yahoo.com) wrote:

> Hiwhy can't the Udev rules be automated or removed? As described
> here users only need to paste infos from lsusb
> etc.https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/72733-writing-and-debugging-udev-rules/&page=2But
> such a huge pain in the ass that no other os needs.It really holds
> off many potential new Linux users if they can't get their USB
> Joysticks working out of the box.Thanks for fixing and make Linux
> competitive to other os.I remember around a decade ago my joysticks
> simply worked out of the box before we got Udev.

The default udev rules should set up access to the joystick devices
the right way automatically: the user on the console as well as all
users in the "input" group should get access to it automatically.

Writing such udev rules should not be necessary.

Anyway, this is not an upstream systemd issue. If you have trouble
with how your distribution handles joystick devices by default, please
ping your downstream distribution and not us upstream.

Thank you very much for understanding,

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering, Red Hat

** Attachment added: "51-input-joystick.rules"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1744917/+attachment/5042143/+files/51-input-joystick.rules

  udev rules

Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  Hi
  why can't the Udev rules be automated or removed? As described here users
only need to paste infos from lsusb etc.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/72733-writing-and-debugging-udev-rules/&page=2
  But such a huge pain in the ass that no other os needs.
  It really holds off many potential new Linux users if they can't get their
USB Joysticks working out of the box.
  Thanks for fixing and make Linux competitive to other os.
  I remember around a decade ago my joysticks simply worked out of the box
before we got Udev.

  ubuntu 16.04-2