In the absence of an explanation for why this bug should be closed when
it is in fact still a bug in 17.10, I'm once again reopening it.

Incidentally, even if it WERE correct to close the bug because it was
fixed, the correct status to use would be "Fix Committed" or "Fix
Released", not "Invalid".

If you insist on changing the status of this bug again, then please
explain why it is appropriate to do so when the bug is still present in
the current released version of Ubuntu.

** Changed in: lvm2 (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lvm2 in Ubuntu.

  "lvs" exits with status 0 after failing

Status in lvm2 package in Ubuntu:

  $ sudo lvs --noheadings -o vg_name /tmp
  [sudo] password for jik:
    "/tmp": Invalid path for Logical Volume.
  $ echo $?
  0
  $

  The exit status there after I've provided an invalid logical volume
  path and the program has printed an error message clearly should not
  be 0.

  Package: lvm2 2.02.167-1ubuntu5
  ApportVersion: 2.20.4-0ubuntu4.5
  Architecture: amd64