Hi,

I vaguely recall other people have reported this kind of bug before but
can't find those other bugs. In the past it was an issue specific to the
type of TV. So can you please also provide:

1. The make and model of TV.
2. Run this command to give us even more info: apport-collect 1745866

** Changed in: pulseaudio (Ubuntu)

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  Audio does not auto-switch to HDMI after switching the connected HDMI
  TV on

Status in pulseaudio package in Ubuntu:

  When I start the computer is the connected TV (HDMI) is off and the
  pulseaudio device stays on unplugged when I switch the TV on. If I
  switch the TV on before I start the computer, everything works fine.

  alsa_output.pci-0000_01_00.1.hdmi-stereo

  linux-image-14.0-15-generic

  nvidia-graphics-drivers-384 (384.111-0ubuntu1) bionic

  Regards,

  Norbert