I am having the same issue since this morning (14 march): cgmanager and
systemd-logind both using 60-70% of system resources, gui unusable, login via
console possible.
Looking at /var/log/apt/term.log I see that the update has been installed on 9
march, but did not give any issues until now.
Intermediate updates were samba packages yesterday (13 march) evening ... but
the system worked after that just fine for the first bootup this morning.
Only on the second boot did things go wrong.

I tried to apply the fix outlined in 4 steps by Marcelo [4 steps], just for
i386 instead of amd64.
The problem I have is getting those 3 deb packages.
I found the build for libpam 20.25 [libpam20.25], but this one offers no
artefacts.
On the various package sites only 20.26 is available.
Do I have to build on my own?
Or is a timeline for an update known, so that I can just upgrade?

Cordially,
  htc

[4 steps]:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1303649/comments/20
[libpam20.25]:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/204-5ubuntu20.25/+build/13545611

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to lxc in Ubuntu.

  systemd-logind spins in cgmanager_ping_sync()

Status in cgmanager package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in libnih package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in lxc package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in systemd package in Ubuntu:

  systemd-logind is consuming a high level of cpu on a continual basis:

    PID USER      PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  %CPU %MEM     TIME+ COMMAND

    676 root      20   0   43644   2144   1568 R 100.0  0.0  74:43.77
systemd-logind

  Package: systemd-services 204-5ubuntu17
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64