** Summary changed:

- Can't created nested AppArmor namespaces
+ Can't create nested AppArmor namespaces

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apparmor in Ubuntu.

  Can't create nested AppArmor namespaces

Status in apparmor package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in linux package in Ubuntu:

  A user with CAP_MAC_ADMIN in the init namespace can create an AppArmor
  policy namespace and load a profile belonging to that AppArmor
  namespace. Once that's done, the user can confine a process with that
  namespaced AppArmor profile and enter into a user namespace. That
  process can then load additional AppArmor profiles inside of the
  AppArmor and user namespace. Here's an example:

  We need to set up the namespace, n1, and load the profile, p1.
  $ export rules="file, signal, unix, dbus, ptrace, mount, pivot_root,
capability,"
  $ sudo mkdir /sys/kernel/security/apparmor/policy/namespaces/n1
  $ echo "profile p1 { $rules }" | sudo apparmor_parser -qrn n1

  Now we enter into confinement using the AppArmor namespace and profile and
then enter into an unprivileged user namespace
  $ aa-exec -n n1 -p p1 -- unshare -Ur

  We can now load profiles as the privileged user inside of the unprivileged
user namespace
  # echo "profile test {}" | apparmor_parser -qr

  The reason for this bug report is that we cannot create a nested
  AppArmor policy namespace inside of the unprivileged user namespace

  # mkdir /sys/kernel/security/apparmor/policy/namespaces/n1/namespaces/p1
  mkdir: cannot create directory
‘/sys/kernel/security/apparmor/policy/namespaces/n1/namespaces/p1’: Permission
denied

  If that worked, we could adjust LXD to read
  /sys/kernel/security/apparmor/.ns_name to get the current AppArmor
  namespace, then create a new namespace under the current namespace,
  and leverage the nested namespace for its nested containers.