Confirmed, insofar as I've had similar difficulty trying to identify
which package to lodge a bug against when it wasn't related to a
particular program.

Touch seeded packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Problems reporting a bug

Status in Apport:
  New
Status in apport package in Ubuntu:

  This is a usability issue, not a software bug.

  Bug #1249305 refers:  (LibreOffice Calc frozen)

  My problem was not knowing the package name:

  The HELP that told me to use ALT-F2 could usefully have told me the
  application package names current in the stack for me to choose from.
  My initial guess was not recognised after a long search!

  Not knowing the name, I tried ubuntu-bug with no argument. Nothing.

  After re-reading the help I used ps to find the PID (hardly a user
  facility!) & used the PID as the argument.

  May I suggest a drop down package selector based on the applications
  using the largest open files in user space could help the reporting
  process.

  Thanks

  DrC

  PS Is it deliberately hard to find how to report a bug on opening a
  new Launchpad window?  I failed, and only got here by using 'open in a
  new window" on the bug report you opened automativcally for me.

  Information hand pasted from bug #1249305:
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: Help
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu17.6
  Architecture: amd64